Decisive Family Law Attorneys Assisting Clients Throughout Southern Louisiana
An established law firm with a reputation for excellence
When you need to address a challenging issue related to family law or divorce, you need a dedicated and knowledgeable attorney to ease your concerns and provide you with a strong strategy moving ahead. At Conroy Law Firm, PLC, we deliver the personal attention you need when dealing with child support, custody, alimony, elder law and domestic violence matters. We have an excellent reputation in the Covington community for our commitment to easing our clients’ financial and emotional burdens. Attorney Michael D. Conroy is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest recognition possible in the legal industry for professionalism and ethics. You can trust us to do everything in our power to help you. For a legal team that delivers a big firm experience with small firm service, call on us.
Strong counsel across several areas of family law
Divorce, custody battles, child support and issues with aging parents can sap families of their strength and financial stability. We listen carefully to our clients and deliver sound legal advice based on their needs, our experience and our deep knowledge of family law. We assist with the following:
- Divorce: We help with all aspects of divorce, including the division of marital assets, property and debt. This may include deciding whether one spouse will keep the marital home, or if you will sell it and divide the proceeds between the two of you.
- Child custody: Two of the most important family law issues to resolve are child custody and visitation rights for both parents. We offer reliable guidance on these issues, whether they are part of a divorce or you have never married your child’s other parent.
- Child support: In most situations, it’s necessary for a custodial parent to receive monthly child support from the children’s other parent. There is a standardized formula to calculate what this amount should be, but Attorney Michael Conroy helps ensure you establish a fair arrangement that protects your kids’ best interests.
- Alimony: Although it’s increasingly rare, one former spouse may need to provide the other with spousal support, also known as alimony. This is almost always temporary and meant to provide the recipient an opportunity to seek the education and training necessary to become self-sufficient.
- Elder law: When loved ones are in the care of a nursing home facility, you need to ensure they receive the care and attention they deserve. If you suspect a family member has been subject to abuse, we help you take swift legal action.
- Domestic violence: This is a serious issue for many families in Louisiana. If you need protection from an abusive spouse, partner or family member, we assist with restraining orders and other actions to keep you and your loved ones safe.
We take complex and overwhelming crises and give our clients the information they need to understand their rights and options throughout the legal process — with dependable representation every step of the way. As a result, you will be able to make informed choices that allow you to move beyond your current legal issues as quickly and effectively as possible.
Speak with a responsive Covington attorney today
For the sound guidance and advice you need when dealing with tough family law matters, meet with the skilled lawyers at Conroy Law Firm, PLC. We are proud to serve individuals and families throughout Covington, Mandeville, Metairie and the surrounding communities of Louisiana. To get started, call 985-606-3885 or contact us online today.