Dedicated Family Law Attorneys Assist Clients Throughout Southern Louisiana
An established Covington law firm with a reputation for excellence
When you need to address a challenging issue related to family law or divorce, you need a dedicated and knowledgeable attorney to ease your concerns and provide you with a strong strategy moving ahead. At Conroy Law Firm, PLC, we deliver personal attention in the full range of family law matters, including divorce, alimony, child support, child custody and domestic violence. We have an excellent reputation in the Covington community for our commitment to easing our clients’ financial and emotional burdens. Attorney Michael D. Conroy is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, the highest recognition given by Martindale-Hubbell® for professionalism and ethics. We represent clients in Covington, Metairie, Mandeville and surrounding areas in Southern Louisiana.
Strong counsel across several areas of family law
Divorce, custody battles, child support and issues with aging parents can sap families of their strength and financial stability. We listen carefully to our clients and deliver sound legal advice based on their needs, our experience and our deep knowledge of family law. We assist with the following:
- Divorce — We help with all aspects of divorce, including the division of marital property and debt. This may include deciding whether one spouse will keep the marital home, or if you will sell it and divide the proceeds between the two of you.
- Child custody — We offer reliable guidance on the important issues of child custody and visitation rights for both parents, whether they are raised as part of a divorce or you have never married your child’s other parent.
- Child support — In most situations, it’s necessary for a custodial parent to receive monthly child support from the children’s other parent. We help you establish a fair arrangement that protects your kids’ best interests.
- Relocation — Before a custodial parent relocates to another city or state, he or she must give notice and obtain the consent of the other parent or a court, in order to protect the relationship between the child and the other parent. We can advise you on that issue and help protect the interests of you and your child.
- Alimony — Although it’s increasingly rare, one former spouse may need to provide the other with spousal support, also known as alimony. We can work with you to achieve a fair result.
- Domestic violence — This is a serious issue for many families in Louisiana. If you need protection from an abusive spouse, partner or family member, we assist with restraining orders and other actions to keep you and your loved ones safe.
- Paternity — If there is a dispute as to the paternity of a child, the alleged father may be required to take a DNA test and, if that test is positive, support the child. We can offer sound advice on that issue and help achieve a just resolution of that matter.
- Elder law — When loved ones are in the care of a nursing home facility, you need to ensure they receive the care and attention they deserve. If you suspect a family member has been subject to abuse, we help you take swift legal action.
- Interdiction — If someone is too infirm to make decisions regarding his or her person or property, we can bring an interdiction proceeding to have a court appoint someone to make those decisions for him or her.
We take complex and overwhelming crises and give our clients the information they need to understand their rights and options throughout the legal process. Backed by our dependable representation every step of the way, you can make informed decisions and that will help you move beyond your legal issues quickly and effectively.
Speak with a responsive Louisiana attorney today
For the sound guidance and advice you need when dealing with tough family law matters, meet with the skilled lawyers at Conroy Law Firm, PLC. We are proud to serve individuals and families throughout Covington, Mandeville, Metairie and the surrounding communities of Louisiana. To get started, call 985-606-3885 or contact us online today.