Michael D. Conroy
Michael D. Conroy
Divorce, custody struggles and elder law crises can threaten your financial and emotional wellbeing. As a trusted Covington lawyer, my staff and I ensure you the help you’ll need to navigate through these storms. I take great pleasure in protecting my clients’ dignity and their assets.
I have had the honor of serving:
- President Reagan in Washington as a policy advisor for the International Trade Administration (1983-1987)
- The Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation (Save Our Lake) as its attorney to defeat shell dredging and oil exploration in Lake Pontchartrain (1987-1989)
- As President of Habitat for Humanity, St. Tammany West (2003 – 2004) to provide quality housing for the working poor and their children
- Mayor Keith Villere and Jan Robert as Chairman of the Covington Historic District Commission (1994-1995) in their successful effort to revitalize downtown Covington
- On the board of directors of the Louisiana Bar Foundation
- As a member of the attorney advisory board of the St. Tammany SALT Council (Seniors and Law Enforcement Together) (2010 – present) in appreciation for the generation of men and women who sacrificed so much for us
I am a proud supporter of New Heights Riding Therapy, where I have worked with children and young adults for the past ten years. Please join us in this endeavor and witness the majesty of the horse and the challenged rider.
If you are in search of an experienced Metairie or Covington lawyer, I would like to serve you and your family. Please call me at my office in downtown Covington or in Metairie.
Mr. Conroy is voted AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell® for his professionalism and ethics.
- Louisiana, 1982
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana, 1982
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, 1996
- Louisiana State University, J.D.
- University of Virginia, B.A.
- Civil and Family Mediation Certification
- Board Certified Family Law Specialist by the Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization
Associations and memberships
- Covington Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Born New Orleans, Louisiana
Conroy Law Firm, APLC serves clients throughout Covington, Mandeville, Metairie and New Orleans.