Dedicated Covington Family Law Attorneys Offer Unparalleled Service and Attention
Responsive to your most pressing legal needs
If you’re facing issues like divorce, custody, child support and alimony, it’s extremely helpful to work with a knowledgeable family law attorney who gives you the tools and information to help you effectively plan for the future. At Michael D. Conroy, PLC, we focus on easing your financial burdens and delivering a carefully planned strategy that we can implement together for your ongoing success. The bottom line is that we care about you, and we are here to provide the personal attention and dependable advice you need and deserve. When you could use the assistance of a respected family lawyer, work with us.
Peace of mind when addressing tough family legal matters
Family law issues can be very difficult to address because of the various emotional and financial concerns involved. You can count on us to provide reliable guidance on the following:
- Divorce: We stand by you throughout your divorce, obtaining the best possible results in court or at the negotiation table. We have extensive experience handling issues such as the fair distribution of assets, the division of a marital home, child support payments and child custody rights.
- Alimony: After a divorce, it might be necessary for one former spouse to provide the other with spousal support (or alimony). Courts typically award alimony on a temporary basis so that the recipient has the support necessary to attain education and job training to eventually become self-sufficient.
- Child custody: The best interests of your children are your top priority, and we strongly advocate for your rights as a parent. We help you find a child custody and visitation arrangement that allows your kids to maintain a sense of normalcy in their day-to-day lives.
- Child support: Both parents share in the responsibility to raise and support their kids, and in most cases, the custodial parent should receive financial support from the noncustodial parent. In addition to establishing sound agreements from the start, we also assist with child support modification if circumstances substantially change over time — making the original agreement unsustainable.
- Property division. Our firm assists with the division of the shared property, assets and debt between you and your former spouse. This can be a difficult process, as this division must be equitable, but not necessarily equal. And, if you have a marital home, we help you decide if one of you will assume ownership or if you’ll sell it and split the proceeds.
Above all, we are committed to offering you strong solutions to your legal challenges, catered to your unique needs and circumstances.
Meet with a helpful and decisive family law attorney
To receive dependable legal guidance on any number of family law issues, speak with a responsive attorney at Michael D. Conroy, PLC. We serve clients throughout Covington, Mandeville, Metairie and the surrounding areas of Louisiana. Call us today at 985-606-3885 or contact us online today.